NARAL Pro-Choice California is leading the fight to pass pro-active pro-choice policy and the local and state level. California has a strong legacy of standing up for reproductive freedom, and NARAL members work every day to make sure California continues to be a model of pro-choice leadership.
NARAL Pro-Choice California has:
- Passed the Reproductive FACT Act, the first statewide law in the country that cracks down on anti-choice crisis pregnancy centers
- Conducted an undercover investigation of CPCs in California and released the report Unmasking Fake Clinics
- Co-sponsored a bill that now requires all insurance providers to pay for a 12-month supply of birth control in one pharmacy visit
- Co-sponsored a bill that lets Californians get direct access to reproductive and sexual healthcare without a referral from a primary care provider
- Made Oakland the second city in the nation to create penalties for false advertising by anti-choice crisis pregnancy centers