As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access. Along with more than two million member activists from all 50 states and network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that works to impose their ideological agenda on others.
Location: San Francisco, California
Position starts: ASAP
Reports To: Assistant Director of California Programs
This Position is: Non-exempt, Non-management, Non-Union; Part-Time, 15-20 hours per week (flexible) for at least 4 months or longer. Compensated at $15/hr.
The Social Media Intern maintains social media platforms of NARAL Pro-Choice California, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with relevant content about reproductive freedom, feminism, the organization’s campaigns & bills.
- Collaborate with Program Manager to develop social media goals and design work plans and strategies to achieve those goals
- Create, schedule and share engaging content on all social media channels daily
- Monitor analytics to track progress and growth, and provide recommendations for improving performance on social media platforms
- Moderate all comments and messages for social media channels
- Develop creative content – video, infographics, layout of event programs, etc.
- Track media mentions
- Maintain NARAL Pro-Choice California website
- Update internal social media-related documents and materials
- Provide support for live streaming events
- General administrative duties as needed
- Organized with a great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A strong interest in electing pro-choice candidates to office and passing pro-choice legislation is required.
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights preferred but not required
- Basic knowledge of graphic design preferred but not required
- Currently enrolled in or recently completed an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program preferred but not required
- Demonstrated commitment to protecting a woman’s right to choose
- A strong interest in communications & social media
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google
- At least 16 week commitment
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please submit a one-page letter of interest and resume:
Subject line: Social Media Intern